Printer Friendly Version
The Delete Test screen provides a mechanism to delete tests ordered anytime prior to results release in the LIS.
- Open Delete Tests:
Click on the Delete Test button located on the Lab Palette or choose “Delete Tests” from the Screens drop-down menu on the menu bar.
- Patient Search:
- Patient search using ID number:
- Type in the patient’s unique ID number into the Patient ID field and press ENTER.
- If information exists in the LIS database under this number, it will fill the "Delete Tests" screen. If no patient is found, a message displays telling the operator to check the search criteria and try again, click [OK] to return to the refreshed patient search screen.
- Patient search by name:
- TAB to the Last Name field and type in the patient's last name (for common last names also type in the first name and date of birth to further restrict the search) then press ENTER. If no patient is found, a message displays telling the operator to check the search criteria and try again, click [OK] to return to the refreshed patient search screen.
Note: If the correct spelling of the patient's last name is in question, type in only the first few letters. Example Schmidt vs. Schmit or Schmitt; type in only “Schmi” to display all.
- A listing of all patients in the LIS database who match the search criteria will display.
Note: If the same patient is listed, inappropriately, under more than one ID number, print the screen. Highlight the names, indicate that the patient records are possible candidates for merge and send the screen print to the LIS Project Coordinator.
- Select the desired patient. Using the mouse, position the pointer arrow directly over the correct patient name; double click the left mouse button. The scroll window will disappear and the selected patient order information will fill the Order Maintenance screen.
Note: If the wrong patient is selected, return to the list of names based on the search criteria entered, by selecting Function on the menu bar and “Last Name Search” from the drop-down menu.
- A list of the selected patient's tests that can be deleted will appear in the scroll window or if there are no tests that are candidates for deletion, a message displays “There are no tests on this patient that are candidates for deletion”.
Note: The tests that appear in the list are user security driven. Users with security level less than 10 will see only those tests that are candidates for deletion (i.e., no results have been released). Users with security level ten will see all tests ordered on the patient, whether results have been released on the test or not.
- Test Deletion:
- Select the test to be deleted:
Using the mouse, position the pointer arrow directly over the test to be deleted and click the left mouse button once to highlight the test line.
- Using the mouse, position the pointer arrow directly over the [Delete] button and click the left mouse button once or press the Ctrl+d keys.
- A delete verification window will display asking: "Are you sure you want to PERMANENTLY DELETE this test?" Select either “Yes” or ‘No” by moving the pointer arrow directly over the appropriate button and click the left mouse button once.
- If Yes is selected a Notes text field will display which requires entry of a reason for the deletion. Type in a BRIEF statement of the reason for deletion (e.g. Test included in panel also ordered.) and then click [OK] to register the “note”,
the test will delete permanently. If [Cancel] is clicked the request for deletion is canceled and the Delete Screen will return, refreshed.
- If Yes is selected and results have been released for the selected test, a message will display that says results have been released and the test is not a candidate for deletion. (Refer to “Ordering Error, Handling” or the “Reported Erroneous Results” protocol.)
Note: This will only occur if the operator’s security level is 10 and all the patient’s tests are displayed, not just those that are candidates for deletion.
- If No is selected, the list will return and no deletion will occur.
- To select another patient, press the Ctrl+n keys or choose “New” from the "File" menu on the menu bar. The screen refresh. Repeat steps 2 through 5 for each patient.
- Exit the Test Deletion screen:
Press the Ctrl+F4 keys or choose “Close” from the "File" menu on the menu bar. The screen will close.
- 6-21-95 M. English
- 10-13-97 M. English (Revised: format)
- March 2001 M. English (Revised: CLICS version; section II. 1-2.)
- July 2003 M. English (Revised: II. Note preceding step 1)
- August 2003 M. English (Revised: II.4.; removal of [Delete All] button & tests with results released are not candidates for deletion)
- December 2005 M. English (Revised: only candidates for deletion display, delete test notes added)
Printer Friendly Version